|As The Year With No Doctor Who drags on, new cracks in spacetime emerge, amongst them a back-and-forth war between the BBC and its enemies in government and without, and the surprising news that Chris Chibnall might adopt the (predominantly) American model of a writer’s room for his tenure as showrunner for Doctor Who. Intriguing! And while thinking about the future, why not reflect on the past? Specifically, ponder upon the legacy of the twentieth anniversary of the TV Movie, with a panel recorded at LI Who featuring Paul McGann, Daphne Ashbrook, Matthew Jacobs, and Gary Russell! And as if that isn’t enough, we have an interview with Yee Jee Tso about “Time and Spaces,” his photo book contrasting the Vancouver shooting locations of the movie in 1996 and today!|
– Will Chris Chibnall use a writers room for Doctor Who?
Doctor Who TV Movie:
Tag Archives: Convention
Welcome to the first episode of of a video version of your favourite Doctor Who podcast, Radio Free Skaro. Video Free Skaro will bring you news, reviews and all the Doctor Who (and related sci-fi) goodness we can in a weekly digest. We always want to hear viewer suggestions and feedback, and don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel!
It’s getting to be that time of year again when hundreds of Doctor Who fans and celebrities converge upon sunny California at Gallifrey One, the largest Doctor Who fan convention in North America. This year’s edition, Gallifrey One’s Catch 22: Islands of Mystery, takes place from February 18-20, 2011, at the LAX Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles, CA, and Radio Free Skaro will be there!
As in past years, The Three Who Rule will provide extensive coverage of the convention by publishing daily podcasts from Thursday, February 17 through until Monday, February 21. These podcasts will feature interviews with many of the guests at the convention, as well as the main RFS event of the weekend: Radio Free Skaro in 3-D, live on stage, on Friday, February 18 at 2pm, featuring guests Gareth Roberts, Clayton Hickman, Joss Agnew, James Moran, and Phil Ford. We might even have a surprise or two in the works…
The best way to keep up to date with our coverage is to subscribe to our iTunes feed here. Keep an eye on these feeds, though, too:
– Twitter: Radio Free Skaro (@RadioFreeSkaro), as well as the three hosts – Steven (@Legopolis), Warren (@freyburg), and Chris (@dubbayoo)
– YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/radiofreeskaro
– Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofreeskaro
– Tumblr: http://radiofreeskaro.tumblr.com/
If you’re going to Gallifrey this year, then perhaps we will see you there! And if not, we’ve got it covered for you! In the meantime, check out our coverage of Gallifrey 21 from 2010:
– Radio Free Skaro #183 – The Elephant in the Room (podcasters round table)
– Radio Free Skaro #184 – Feasts of Stevens (interviews with Steve Roberts, Steve Manfred)
– Radio Free Skaro #185 – Bo! Sco! Fo! Do! No! Kro! Blo! Co! Sho! Ro! (interviews with Nick Briggs, Phil Ford, Rob Shearman)
– Radio Free Skaro #186 – The Yalta Conference (Doctor Who podcast panel, interview with Tony Lee and Matthew Dow Smith)
– Radio Free Skaro #187 – Loads of Pace and Energy! (interview with Graeme Harper)