Tag Archives: Graeme Harper
|It’s a veritable gumbo of info this week, with on outgoing showrunner praising an incoming Doctor, Big Finish and Black Archive books news, tales of Peter Capaldi and lifetime achievement awards for Russell T Davies…and a brand new Fluid Links! Your questions, our answers, and practically nothing is resolved! Will this episode thus extend into infinity? Listen….and fiiiiind oooooouutttt!!|
– Jodie Whittaker’s intro has been recorded
It’s getting to be that time of year again when hundreds of Doctor Who fans and celebrities converge upon sunny California at Gallifrey One, the largest Doctor Who fan convention in North America. This year’s edition, Gallifrey One’s Catch 22: Islands of Mystery, takes place from February 18-20, 2011, at the LAX Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles, CA, and Radio Free Skaro will be there!
As in past years, The Three Who Rule will provide extensive coverage of the convention by publishing daily podcasts from Thursday, February 17 through until Monday, February 21. These podcasts will feature interviews with many of the guests at the convention, as well as the main RFS event of the weekend: Radio Free Skaro in 3-D, live on stage, on Friday, February 18 at 2pm, featuring guests Gareth Roberts, Clayton Hickman, Joss Agnew, James Moran, and Phil Ford. We might even have a surprise or two in the works…
The best way to keep up to date with our coverage is to subscribe to our iTunes feed here. Keep an eye on these feeds, though, too:
– Twitter: Radio Free Skaro (@RadioFreeSkaro), as well as the three hosts – Steven (@Legopolis), Warren (@freyburg), and Chris (@dubbayoo)
– YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/radiofreeskaro
– Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofreeskaro
– Tumblr: http://radiofreeskaro.tumblr.com/
If you’re going to Gallifrey this year, then perhaps we will see you there! And if not, we’ve got it covered for you! In the meantime, check out our coverage of Gallifrey 21 from 2010:
– Radio Free Skaro #183 – The Elephant in the Room (podcasters round table)
– Radio Free Skaro #184 – Feasts of Stevens (interviews with Steve Roberts, Steve Manfred)
– Radio Free Skaro #185 – Bo! Sco! Fo! Do! No! Kro! Blo! Co! Sho! Ro! (interviews with Nick Briggs, Phil Ford, Rob Shearman)
– Radio Free Skaro #186 – The Yalta Conference (Doctor Who podcast panel, interview with Tony Lee and Matthew Dow Smith)
– Radio Free Skaro #187 – Loads of Pace and Energy! (interview with Graeme Harper)
|DVDs and Series 6 news were the order of the day as the 2011 DVD release schedule was unveiled this past week in Doctor Who Magazine, and boy howdy are there some puzzling combinations of stories into box sets. The upcoming series of Doctor Who gets a bit of a different look with a newly-announced writer and a shuffling in the order of episodes, and there’s even a bit of a natter about Doctor Who Magazine’s list of who to follow on Twitter (hint: we’re on that list, nudge nudge). A look at controversial writer/script editor Eric Saward rounds out the show with some great discussion of his influence and reach, along with the selection of next week’s miniscope subject… and just who will that be?|
– Radio Free Skaro in 3-D…at Gallifrey One!
Miniscope Links (Eric Saward):
|The surest sign of an impending deluge of press reports is upon The Three Who Rule — a slow news week, aka the calm before the storm. In what seems fitting for an audio podcast, most of the points of discussion involve audio work including a look at the recently transmitted “Shelved” which notes the reasons behind the cancellation of Shada (among other shows). Graeme Harper — only the second subject not to be chosen randomly — gets his turn in the Miniscope. Much well-earned fawning occurs over Harper’s Doctor Who ouevre along with lamentations over knowing Harper isn’t involved in Series 5/1/31.|
– Skaro Shop…Buy Our Stuff!
Miniscope Links (Graeme Harper):